FOREWORD – The Mind and Personality of Adolf Hitler
Pages 6 – 15 – from the book ‘UFOs: Nazi Secret Weapon?’ by Ernst Zundel et al
Ever since the fall of Berlin and the unconditional surrender of the German armed forces in 1945 one continually reads of Adolf Hitler’s possible or definite escape from Berlin and Germany. Hitler has been reported to be living in several inaccessible spots in South America, in some well-guarded Shang-rila surrounded by S.S. Guards armed to the teeth. He is supposed to have spent some time in a monastery in Spain and other reports have him as a “prisoner” in Russia, itself.
Millions of words have been written and spoken to this effect. Over 100,000 books have been written about Hitler and W.W. II in most major languages of the world. Most of them were more or less fictional accounts and re-hashes of the official propaganda lines and clichés of the military victors of W.W. II. None of these studies were deep or exhaustive enough to be considered conclusive. Many very important facets were not covered at all or were only touched upon the fringes.
The book that is before you, is to the knowledge of the authors, their collaborators and to the publishers as well, the first attempt to cover some of these fringe issues in more depth. Consequently, they have drawn some very different conclusions to those already written on this vast and complex topic.
In order to start on a sound footing, and ultimately to do it justice, Hitler, the man is examined. Hitler, the thinker, the statesman, the politician and above all, Hitler the founder of the National Socialist Ideology (Weltanschauung) is examined in greater detail and in a more dispassionate manner. To only write about the technical aspects and ratifications of the UFO mystery, of the UFO’s purely military potential, would, of necessity, lead to incorrect conclusions.
To separate the totality of Hitler’s control and influence over the production and eventual use of
the UFO’s and over every other secret development of the II Reich would be stupid. Without Hitler’s backing or his knowledge of their potential uses, no weapons, not even the UFO’s would have been developed; they would have been condemned to the “planners’ morgue” or the junk piles.
Hitler knew about the research work being done on UFO’s by his scientists, just as he knew about the other incredible secret weapons they were feverishly working upon in their bomb-proof laboratories. Many of these highly sophisticated weapon systems represented scientific breakthroughs of great importance. Many of these devices fell into Allied hands and they are pictured here for the first time and to the best of our knowledge. Others are re-created from engineering drawings or from testimony given to the Allied interrogators. There is a whole array of jet and rocket-powered aircraft, both fighters and bombers. There are T.V. guided missiles and torpedos. There are plane and submarine-based rockets. Also there are wind cannons and many other devices.
In order to understand all aspects of this vexing problem we have to examine the governmental set-up of National Socialist Germany, especially war-time Germany. Unlike any other state in recorded history, Hitler’s Germany was literally run by one man, much in the shape of a pyramid, with the chain of command moving down and out. In Hitler’s hands ended all the strands; from his pinnacle of absolutepower emanated all orders. From Hitler came the final orders of the scrapping or the production of any kind of weaponry. He alone was capable of making available the vast amounts of money for the research and production of what was needed to win the war. He alone could delegate the sweeping powers and set
the orders of priority of one weapon system over any other.
All attempts to clarify this or that aspect of the German war effort, of diplomatic or military moves, which do not take fully into account this pyramidical structure of the decision-making process in Nazi Germany, are doomed to dismal failure. This structure of National Socialism is the very foundation of the movement, it is the “Führerprinzip” — leadership principle — in action. It is the failure or deliberate unwillingness to understand this basic principle, that has been the undoing of 95% of the writers, historians and media people of the world. By ignoring this simple principle in action and its effect on all things the origins of the UFO’s (Krautmeteors), their current whereabouts and status, as well asHitler’s fate, have been shrouded in mystery and often contradictions.
The author of this book and his friends started to delve into the UFO mystery. They circulated
their findings over the years to an ever-increasing number of friends and contacts around the world, but only as a basis for discussion and further study. Whenever more reports of UFO crews speaking German(Kearny Report) and behaving like German soldiers (electricity blackout Eastern States), or of sightingsand documentation (French T.V. showed a UFO landing gear imprint in a clear swastika shape), reached the authors, they took a closer look. There now appeared a distinguishable pattern, in proper time and date sequence, that hinted at a possible connection between the appearance of UFO’s in large numbers and Hitler’s possible survival and escape from Berlin.
A book was born. Many publishers were contacted, all thought the material had merit, but none dared to publish it in its entirety. Many wanted to publish only the UFO developments. All would have loved to reproduce the hither-to unpublished engineering drawings and illustrations of prototypes of theGerman UFO’s and the many other secret weapons but the authors insisted it was to be all or nothing.
So the manuscript made the rounds for years and years. Eventually it lay buried. Then one day,excerpts fell into the hands of a group of individuals who decided to collect money amongst themselves and publish the manuscript. With the help and active participation of the authors and their collaborators the book is now before you.
Against threats and persecution this courageous group of individuals composed of diverse ethnicbackgrounds, has stood firm. We ask of the reader only to reserve judgement until he has thoroughly read through the book to the very last page. This book is not an easy book to read. One could almost call it an unnerving study of a very unusual and extraordinary man, his ideas his actions, his motivations and his ultimate goals. It also gives one a glimpse of German inventiveness and their capacity to suffer punishment and to be able to rise Phoenix-like from the ashes of “total defeat”. This book also shows Hitler’s opponents in a new light; in the light of truth and not propaganda. The book can further serve the unprejudiced individual as a catalyst to study and re-examine many events from a new perspective. Now that many Allied documents are being de-classified, a new search will produce new and startling insights and conclusions.
We believe that the open-minded reader after studying this book and after delving into the many reference and source materials listed, will never again look at the world with the same eyes.
P.S. Those of you fortunate enough to be able to speak and to read German will find a considerable difference between the English and German editions. The reasons are simply:
1. Difficulty in finding translators for such a deeply philosophical work.
2. The English-speaking readership is used to material in this lighter vein.
For the above reasons, this is not a true translation of the German version but rather a book about another book.
THE MIND AND PERSONALITY OF ADOLF HITLER
The non-German world has a rather sketchy and fragmentary picture of the mind of Adolf Hitler;how he thought, felt and what motivated him. Lacking accurate knowledge, no one can possibly claim to understand the personality of this extraordinary man. Consequently, we will try to condense into a few paragraphs, what has taken historians volumes and volumes of books to describe.
Adolf Hitler was above all else, an intuitive, artistic human being, capable of accurately sensing situations and of grasping them with the clarity of an extremely orderly mind. He believed in the absolute supremacy of the spirit over the material, and this was borne out by his now-famous statement that for him, and for a National Socialist, two words did not exist in the dictionary — impossible (unmoglich) and never (niemals).
Let us look at his own life as a case in point. An early orphan, poor, with incomplete education, a stateless citizen in Germany with a sickly physical constitution, and, after the First World War, penniless and without a job or trade. He was just one of the many millions of Germans in similar desperate straits at that time in history. He had, one has to admit, not a chance to be anything other, even if lucky, than a manual labourer. Impossible, one would have to concede, that this man could ever become Mayor of Munich let alone the Chancellor of the largest, most populous, best-trained and educated country in the heart of Europe. Never — not in his circumstances!
Impossible? Never? Well, the entire world is witness to the fact that not only did the impossible become possible, it actually happened and in a very short period of time. The never and impossible were stricken from his and from history’s dictionary.
Here enters the very first and most important component in understanding Adolf Hitler, and through it, the partial solution to the U.F.O. riddle.
Nothing in National Socialism was ever allowed to seem an impossible task or an unattainable goal. With Adolf Hitler it was always mind over matter. The belief then held by aircraft designers that the human body could not survive space flight and faster-than-sound speeds was scornfully put on one side by Hitler and it was his challenging of this belief that brought forth the U.F.O.’s.
Let us now return to the other facets of Hitler’s mind in order to get an even clearer picture.
Hitler felt, based on his studies and an enormous amount of reading, that there existed a very definite plan by a small, but immensely powerful group of Jewish bankers, financiers, industrialists and others, to take control of the entire world. It is important to remember that he lived in Vienna duringa time when a very noisy battle was raging between Zionist Jews, (who wanted to be a separate race,religion, nation and culture with their own state, Israel), and the assimilated elements amongst the Jews,(who wanted to be part of the cosmopolitan establishment of the Austrian Empire), with all the privilegesand power their immense wealth bestowed on them. Hitler’s appraisal of the Jews can best be summed up as contained in “The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion”. This is a very important aspect of the whole U.F.O. story, because in it, we find the seeds for many far-reaching decisions made 30 years later. Hitler saw in this actual or imagined Jewish drive for world domination, a very definite danger to his own work and plan.
From now on we must look at every problem from this vantage point. Hitler would undoubtedly double-check each major question by this criterion: “How would I act in this case if I were a Jew bent on world conquest?” Now we have the two most important keys to understanding the functioning of his mind.
There is, however, another very important fact, and this is motivation. What motivated this man? Why should this penniless and jobless vagrant, (often disparagingly called a paperhanger) act the way he did? Millions of words have been devoted to this question. All, or most of them, completely misrepresented him, and this is especially true in the non-German world where he is portrayed as some power-mad maniac, seeking power solely for destructive reasons. This kind of thinking might have been justifiable as propaganda during war time, but the truth requires a long over-due reevaluation, and the truth is simple.
The artistic, sensitive soul in this man rebelled at what he saw taking place around him. Since no single person, no group, no party and no ideology at that time expressed his feelings, he started expressing his own frustrations and ideas at the meetings of others. To his complete amazement he found that others listened and they listened in ever-increasing numbers. Thus, Hitler the agitator, the motivator, was born.There is no motivator without motivation and it was the concept of National Socialism that was his motivation.
It is neither the intent nor the desire of the authors to rewrite “Mein Kampf” and we shall restrict ourselves to the very barest of outlines to clarify his motivations. This is necessary to solve the U.F.O.riddle and can best be summed up in the 24 points of the N.S.D.A.P. Party Programme and also are reflected in a study Hitler made of the political situation for the army in Munich, where he was “Political Information Officer”.
THE PROGRAMME OF THE PARTY
THE Programme of the German Workers’ Party is limited as to period.The leaders have no intention, once the aims announced in it have been achieved, of setting up fresh ones, in order to ensure the continued existence of the Party by the artificially increased discontent of the masses.
1. We demand the union of all Germans, on the basis of the right of
the self-determination of peoples, to form a Great Germany.
2. We demand equality of rights for the German People in its dealings with other nations, and abolition of the Peace Treaties of Versailles and St. Germain.
3. We demand land and territory (colonies) for the nourishment of
our people and for settling our surplus population.
4. None but members of the nation may be citizens of the State. None but those of German blood, whatever their creed, may be members of the nation. No Jew, therefore, may be a member of the nation.
5. Anyone who is not a citizen of the State may live in Germanyonly as a guest and must be regarded as being subject to the Alien laws.
6. The right of voting on the leadership and legislation is to benjoyed by the citizens of the State alone. We demand, therefore, that
all official appointments, of whatever kind, whether in the Reich, the provinces, or the small communities, shall be granted to citizens of the Statealone.We oppose the corrupt Parliamentary custom of the State of filling posts merely with a view to Party considerations, and without reference to character or capacity.
7. We demand that the State shall make it its first duty to promote the industry and livelihood of the citizens of the State. If it is not possible to nourish the entire population of the State, foreign nationals (non-citizens of
the State) must be excluded from the Reich.
8. All further non-German immigration must be prevented. Wedemand that all non-Germans who entered Germany subsequently toAugust 2, 1914, shall be required forthwith to depart from the Reich.
9. All citizens of the State shall possess equal rights and duties.
10. It must be the first duty of every citizen of the State to perform mental or physical work. The activities of the individual must not clash with the interests of the whole, but must proceed within the framework of the community and must be for the general good.We demand therefore:
11. Abolition of incomes unearned by work. Abolition of the thraldom of interest.
12. In view of the enormous sacrifice of life and property demanded
of a nation by every war, personal enrichment through war must be regarded
as a crime against the nation. We demand therefore the ruthless confiscation of all war profits.
13. We demand the nationalization of all businesses which have (hitherto) been amalgamated (into Trusts).
14. We demand that there shall be profit-sharing in the great
15. We demand a generous development of provision for old age.
16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a healthy middle class, immediate communalization of wholesale warehouses, and their lease at a low rate to small traders, and that the most careful consideration shall be shown to all small purveyors to the State, the provinces, or smaller Communities.
17. We demand a land-reform suitable to our national requirements,the passing of a law for the confiscation without compensation of land for communal purposes, the abolition of interest on mortgages, and prohibition of all speculation in land.On 13 April 1928, Adolf Hitler made the following declaration:“It is necessary to reply to the false interpretation on the part of our
opponents of Point 17 of the Programme of the NSDAP.“Since the NSDAP admits the principle of private property, it is obvious that the expression ‘confiscation without compensation’ refers merely to the creation of possible legal means of confiscating, when necessary, land illegally acquired, or not administered in accordance with the national welfare. It is therefore directed in the first instance against theJewish companies which speculate in land.”“(Signed) ADOLF HITLER.” “Munich, April 13, 1928.”
18. We demand ruthless war upon all those whose activities are injurious to the common interest. Common criminals against the nation,usurers, profiteers, &c., must be punished with death, whatever their creed
19. We demand that the Roman Law, which serves the materialistic world order, shall be replaced by a German common law.
20. With the aim of opening to every capable and industrious Germanthe possibility of higher education and consequent advancement to leading positions the State must consider a thorough reconstruction of our national system of education. The curriculum of all educational establishments must be brought into line with the requirements of practical life. Directly the mind begins to develop the schools must aim at teaching the pupil to understand the idea of the State (State sociology). We demand the education of specially gifted children of poor parents, whatever their class or occupation, at the expense of the State.
21. The State must apply itself to raising the standard of health inthe nation by protecting mothers and infants, prohibiting child labour, and increasing bodily efficiency by legally obligatory gymnastics and sports,and by extensive support of clubs engaged in the physical training of theyoung.
22. We demand the abolition of mercenary troops and the formation of a national army.
23. We demand legal warfare against conscious political lies and their dissemination in the Press. In order to facilitate the creation of aGerman national Press we demand:(a) that all editors and contributors to newspapers employing theGerman language must be members of the nation;(b) That special permission from the State shall be necessary beforenon-German newspapers may appear. These need not necessarily be printed in the German language;(c) That non-Germans shall be prohibited by law from participating financially in or influencing German newspapers, and that the penalty for contravention of the law shall be suppression of any such newspaper, and immediate deportation of the non-German involved.It must be forbidden to publish newspapers which do not conduce to the national welfare. We demand the legal prosecution of all tendencies in art and literature of a kind likely to disintegrate our life as a nation, and the suppression of institutions which militate against the above-mentioned Requirements.
24. We demand liberty for all religious denominations in the State, sofar as they are not a danger to it and do not militate against the morality and moral sense of the German race.The Party, as such, stands for positive Christianity, but does not bind itself in the matter of creed to any particular confession. It combats theJewish-materialist spirit within and without us, and is convinced that our nation can achieve permanent health from within only on the principle: the common interest before self-interest.
25. That all the foregoing requirements may be realized we demand the creation of a strong central power of the Reich. Unconditional authority of the politically central Parliament over the entire Reich and its organization in general.The formation of Diets and vocational Chambers for the purpose of executing the general laws promulgated by the Reich in the various Statesof the Confederation.The leaders of the Party swear to proceed regardless of consequences—if necessary at the sacrifice of their lives—towards the fulfilment of the foregoing Points.
1MUNICH, February 24, 1920.
In a meeting held in the Circus Krone on 18 September 1922 Hitler formulated “some fundamental demands of the Party”:“
1. We must call to account the November criminals of 1918. It cannot be that two million Germans should have fallen in vain and that afterwards one should sit down as friends at the same table with traitors. No, we do not pardon, we demand—Vengeance!”“
2. The dishonouring of the nation must cease. For betrayers of their Fatherland and informers the gallows is the proper place. Our streets and squares shall once more bear the names of our heroes; they shall not benamed after Jews. In the Question of Guilt we must proclaim the truth”.
“3. The administration of the State must be cleared of the rabble which is fattened at the stall of the parties”.
“4. The present laxity in the fight against usury must be abandoned.Here the fitting punishment is the same as that for the betrayers of their
“5. We must demand a great enlightenment on the subject of the PeaceTreaty. With thoughts of love? No! but in holy hatred against those who have ruined us”.
“6. The lies which would veil from us our misfortunes must cease. Thefraud of the present money-madness must be shown up. That will stiffen thenecks of us all”.
“7. As foundation for a new currency the property of those who are not of our blood must do service. If families who have lived in Germany for athousand years are now expropriated, we must do the same to the Jewish usurers”.
“8. We demand immediate expulsion of all Jews who have entered Germany since 1914, and of all those, too, who through trickery on theStock Exchange or through other shady transactions have gained their Wealth”.
“9. The housing scarcity must be relieved through energetic action;houses must be granted to those who deserve them. Eisner said in 1918 that we had no right to demand the return of our prisoners—he was only saying openly what all Jews were thinking. People who so think must feel how life tastes in a concentration camp!” “Extremes must be fought by extremes. Against the infection of materialism, against the Jewish pestilence we must hold aloft a flaming ideal. And if others speak of the World and Humanity we say The Fatherland—and only the Fatherland!”1
Hitler’s “Study of the Jews” — for the army:
In so far as the danger with which Jewry threatens our people today finds its expression in an undeniable aversion experienced by the majority of our people, the cause of that aversion is not generally to be found in a clear awareness of the Jews’ systematically destructive effect, whether conscious or unconscious, on our nation as a whole, but arises mainly from personal intercourseand the impression made by the Jew as an individual… . Thus antisemitism all too easily takes on the character of a mere manifestation of emotion. And that is wrong. As a political movement antisemitism cannot and must not be determined by emotional motives but by a recognition of the facts…: To begin with, Jewry is incontestably a race and not a religious community. And the Jewhimself never describes himself as a Jewish German, Jewish Pole or, say, a Jewish American, but always as a German, Polish or American Jew. In no case has the Jew ever . . . assimilated very much more from other nations than their language. . . . Even the Mosaic faith . . . is not the final word on the question of Jew or non-Jew. . . . By a thousand years of inbreeding, often occurring within avery small circle, the Jew has generally kept his race and type more sharply defined than the peoples among whom he lives. The result of this is that we have in our midst a non-German, foreign race neither willing nor able to sacrifice its racial characteristics or to renounce its own way of feeling,thinking and striving and which nevertheless has just the same political rights as us. If the Jew’s very feelings are concerned with the purely material, how much more so his thinking and striving.The dance round the Golden Calf becomes a merciless struggle for all those possessions which to our way of feeling ought not to be the only and ultimate things worth striving for. The value of an individual is no longer determined by his character, by the importance of his achievements to the whole, but exclusively by the size of his fortune…. A nation’s stature is no longer to be reckoned by the sum of its moral and spiritual forces but only by the profusion of its worldly goods. From this feeling there arises that thinking, that striving after money and after the power to protect it,which leads the Jew to be unscrupulous in his choice of methods, and pitiless in applying them….In an autocratically governed State he whines to gain the ‘majesty’s’, the prince’s, favour which he abuses [by battening] on his subjects like a leach. In a democracy he goes whoring after the favour of the masses, crawls before the ‘majesty of the people’ and knows only the majesty of money. Hedestroys the prince’s character by Byzantine flattery, and national pride – the strength of a people – by mockery and the shameless promotion of vice. His weapon is public opinion . . . which he guides and distorts by means of the Press. His power is the power of money which in his hands proliferates unceasingly and effortlessly in the form of interest.. .. Everything that induces men to aspire to higher things, be it religion, socialism, or democracy, is to him only a means to an end – that of satisfying his lust for money and domination. He acts on the peoples like racial tuberculosis. And as a consequence antisemitism arising out of purely emotional reasons will find its ultimate expression in the form of progroms [sic]. Antisemitism based on reason, however, must lead to a systematic and legal campaign to deprive the Jew of the privileges which he alone of all the foreigners in our midst enjoys (Aliens Legislation). But its final goal must always remain the removal of the Jews as a whole.
It could be said that we are a little far off the U.F.O. problem but without this groundwork it is not possible to unravel this very complex story. We now have a clear picture of the basic working of Hitler’s brain. We know how he felt about “his enemies”, real or imagined, and we also know what motivated him in his political moves and decisions.
To sum up:—
1. Hitler never thought anything impossible; he never accepted defeat. Hitler did not believe that even death was the end and thought of death only as a transition, after which the struggle continued only on a different plane. This can be clearly seen in his words “Und Ihr habt doch gesiegt” — “And you were victorious in spite of death” — often repeated during memorial speeches while honouring those of his supporters who fell during the march on the Feldherrnhalle on November 23rd, 1923 in Munich. This same thinking permeates his last two public speeches broadcast January 10th, 1945 and February 25th, 1945 in which he re-affirmed that Germany would still win the war — “ . . . and the Last Battalion will be ours”.
2. Hitler saw a world-wide conspiracy of Jews and their Allies, (democrats, liberals, social democrats and marxists) in a concerted, well-planned drive for Jewish world domination. He argued vehemently and convincingly to untold millions of Europeans that there was a struggle taking place for a Jewish world in which all non-Jews were to be mere work slaves, with Jewish rulers, similar to those forming the Communist government in the Soviet Union, e.g., Trotsky(Bronstein), Litvinoff (Finkelstein), Kanganovich (Cohen), Ehrenburg and Berija, or for an Aryanworld where the white man played a forceful dynamic role in global affairs, based on self determination but within strict limits of a larger white world or what the Germans call “Abendland”.
3. Hitler’s motivating force was an unusual synthesis, (never before or since attempted), of the best features of Socialism and of Free Enterprise as opposed to multi-national corporations, (then called monopoly or state capitalism) on the one side, and Nationalism (based on ethnic origin and adherence) versus universalism or internationalism on the other. Hitler’s synthesis worked and it was eminently successful all over Europe, providing full employment, financial stability (zeroinflation) and introducing the greatest worker-benefit programmes of any modern, industrial state.It was never defeated as an idea but only destroyed (by military power), as a system.An idea can only be superseded or defeated by another, better idea. Germany was only defeated militarily in 1945 but the idea of National Socialism is still as strong as ever and is flourishing around the world, but by necessity, undergroundThe above three factors must constantly be kept in mind as we move from chapter to chapter and from event to event in the following pages.
Link to original / source article: